Construction Cost Estimator
We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior Construction Cost Estimator/ Construction Consultant to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. The individual will have knowledge in performing detailed take-offs of property conditions, estimating for medium to large projects utilizing Xactimate and other estimating software for residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in document review and analyses of schedules, contracts, change orders, daily construction reports, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Field work to document as-built conditions and extent of damage to structures as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Produce accurate repair/ replacement estimates from repair scopes using conceptual and schematic drawings, field notes and photographs.
- Research of historical data and pricing in the development of repair and replacement cost estimates.
- Development of unit costs for detailed repair scope.
- Assess potential exposure/construction risk and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Develop general and special conditions costs.
- Identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Identify risk issues, their order of magnitude and proposed solutions to minimize.
- Assist in the preparation of work scopes, instructions to bidders, bid forms or solicitation information, as needed.
- Analyses of third party estimates and proposals.
- Perform research to support opinions.
- Communicate with clients, interface with code officials and contractors to address construction issues to develop estimates and prepare reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel nationwide, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- 10 + years of experience (variety of public and private projects) from $5 million+.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or similar field preferred.
- Proven analytical and interpretive skills in preparing comprehensive and accurate construction cost estimates (detailed and conceptual).
- Membership with ASPE and AACE International desired along with Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) certification preferred.
- On site construction experience is desirable.
- Experience in property loss estimating is desirable.
- Extensive experience with Xactimate, RS Means, Microsoft Excel and Word, on-screen takeoff software and other construction estimating software.
- Excellent math and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.