We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level licensed Professional Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behavior of mechanical equipment and building/process systems and their components for use in forensic engineering relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Mechanical equipment and systems types include, but not limited to, HVAC systems, boilers, industrial gas systems, plumbing systems, machinery & process equipment, fire protection systems, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to mechanical systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design, construction errors/omissions and product defects). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of mechanical systems and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with code officials and contractors and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
- Minimum 10 Years Mechanical Engineering experience in design or other background that promotes an understanding of mechanical systems.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California through NCEES examination. Multiple state registrations (or ability to obtain) a plus.
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (ICC, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering concepts, principles and practices including HVAC, Boilers and fire protection systems.
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction, a plus.
- Knowledge of estimating mechanical equipment designs and installations, a plus.
- Field experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing litigation support including expert testimony at depositions and/or trial, mediation and arbitration proceedings, desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record