Entry Level Construction Cost Estimator
We are seeking to add a highly-motivated entry level Construction Cost Estimator/ Construction Consultant to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. The individual will have knowledge in performing detailed take-offs of property conditions, estimating for projects utilizing Xactimate and other estimating software for residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Field work to document as-built conditions and extent of damage to structures as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Produce accurate repair/ replacement estimates from repair scopes using conceptual and schematic drawings, field notes and photographs.
- Research of historical data and pricing in the development of repair and replacement cost estimates.
- Develop general and special conditions costs.
- Willing to travel nationwide, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Analytical and interpretive skills in preparing comprehensive and accurate construction cost estimates (detailed and conceptual).
- On site construction experience is desirable.
- Experience in property loss estimating is desirable.
- Experience with Xactimate, RS Means, Microsoft Excel and Word, on-screen takeoff software and other construction estimating software.
- Excellent math and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.