Effective as of August 1, 2019
Your privacy is very important to us. This Privacy Notice is designed to assist you in understanding how Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc. (“MKA”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses the information you provide to us in using our website at www.mkainc.com (the “Site”), our mobile application (the “App”) and the services we provide (collectively, including the Site and the App, the “Services”). Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By using this Site and/or the App, you acknowledge and agree that you consent to this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through your use of our Services, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual or, that along with other information, could identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect the following types of Personal Information:
Information provided by you.
We do not require you to provide any Personal Information in order to navigate our Site or use the App. The App does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device, or scan or import contacts or Personal Information stored on your mobile device, but rather, provides a means to download a directory of our organization’s contacts and access to a data feed provided by Gdacs.org. However, we need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Site or in using our Services.
For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Submit a request for information about our Site, our Services or a particular assignment. When you request any information about our Site, our Services or a particular assignment, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, and contact information, as well as information about the specific project for which you are seeking Services (the “Project Information”), which Project Information may include descriptions and details regarding your insurance claim or property damage or loss.
- Inquire about employment opportunities or apply for a job. If you inquire about employment opportunities with MKA, we will collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and any additional information you decide to disclose on your employment-related inquiry or employment application materials.
- Interact with our Site or utilize our Services, or contact us through email. When you utilize our Services, including when you visit our Site or download the App, or send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, and contact information, as well as your Project Information.
Information collected automatically.
We may automatically collect the following types of Personal Information as you use our Site, App or Services:
- Usage Information. Which pages on our Site you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Site, and when you accessed the Site.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP addresses.
Cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may also collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser software on your computer’s or device’s hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s or device’s memory. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser, but some functionality of the Services may be impaired or not function as intended if you choose not to accept cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. Cookies can be deleted by you, at any time, and will not collect any information when you are not accessing the Services. By using our Services, you consent to our use of the cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. We limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is relevant for these purposes. We will not store, access, transmit, retain, or otherwise use Personal Information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or stored as described in this notice without your consent. Specifically, we may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Communicate with you about our Site, App or other Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site, App or other Services.
- Communicate with you via email to send you marketing or promotional materials or to inform you of our Services.
- Provide support.
- Maintain and improve our Site, App and other Services.
- Evaluate and process your employment application.
- Inform you about new services or features available that we feel might be of interest to you, or provide you with special offers or other incentives.
- Conduct benchmarking.
- Defend our rights and the rights of others.
- Efficiently maintain our business.
- Comply with applicable law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
MKA may also share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate restructuring, to prevent harm, to comply with the law and our legal obligations, to protect our legal rights, or with your explicit consent. We may also, now or in the future, share your Personal Information with third parties, including our hosting partners and other, trusted third parties who assist us in providing the Services.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Correct or view your information. To correct or view certain Personal Information relating to you in our possession, please email email@example.com.
- Do Not Track. We take no action in response to “Do Not Track” requests received from users’ web browsing software.
- Cookies. If you would like to opt-out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, please note certain features of our Site, App or other Services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
- Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Emails. To unsubscribe from promotional emails, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the “unsubscribe” link or unsubscribing instructions at the bottom of each email and we will remove you from ALL correspondence. Please note that you will still receive required emails from us relating to the Site, App or other Services.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personally identifiable information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once per calendar year) information about the information that we shared (if any) with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
California residents who use the Services are also entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing to us at Madsen, Kneppers & Associates, Inc., Attn: Heather Rabenberg, 100 Pringle Avenue, Suite 340, Walnut Creek, CA 94596; or by calling us at 1.800.822.6624. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS AND EUROPEAN UNION USERS
Our Site and App are accessible around the world. By visiting the Site or downloading the App and/or providing your information, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information can be stored for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice. We process and store your information in North America and your information may be stored on servers located outside your residential jurisdiction and which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. If you access the Site or App from outside the United States, your usage of the Site or App constitutes consent to the transfer of your data outside of your country and to North America.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. Our security includes industry-standard physical, administrative, and technology-based measures. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
The Site or App may now or in the future contain links that will let you leave the Site or App and access another website or mobile application. Linked websites or mobile applications are not under our control. This Privacy Notice applies solely to Personal Information that is acquired on this Site, the App or through the provision of our other Services. We accept no responsibility or liability for any third party websites, mobile applications or services.
Note that our website is not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request, receive, or collect information from children without parental or guardian consent.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may at any time, without notice to you, and in our sole discretion, amend this Privacy Notice. We encourage users to review this Privacy Notice periodically. Your continued use of the Site or App after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Should you have any questions in regards to this Privacy Notice, you should contact us immediately via telephone at 1.800.822.6624 or email@example.com.
Last Updated: August 1, 2019