We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level licensed Architect to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. Individual will have knowledge in the behavior of building enclosures and their components for use in forensic analyses relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Building envelope types include, but are not limited to, cladding, wall enclosures, roofing systems, and fenestration components.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Perform forensic investigations of building envelope failures.
- Diagnose failures in building envelope systems and recommend solutions for remediation of those failures.
- Field work to document as-built conditions and damage to building systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilizing building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with clients, interface with code officials and contractors to address construction issues to provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program required.
- State of Nevada Licensed Architect through NCARB’s ARE examination. Multiple state registrations (or ability to obtain) a plus.
- Minimum 10 Years Architectural experience in design or other background that promotes an understanding of building construction.
- Experience in property loss and construction defects a plus.
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (IBC, IRC, IEBC, etc.)
- Understanding of heat, air and moisture control principles within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Familiarity with performance and testing requirements, details and specifications for building enclosures.
- Familiarity with façade components and assemblies, particularly at their interfaces.
- Understanding of material selection as it relates to long-term durability and performance of building enclosures.
- Field experience. Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders for roof access, as well as navigate steep-slope roofing up to 6:12. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation or Arbitration proceedings, a plus.
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) and Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) designations are a plus.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record