We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level licensed Professional Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behavior of structural systems and their components for use in Forensic Engineering relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing failure cause & origin analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired. Building system types include, but not limited to, steel, concrete, masonry, wood, roofing and building envelopes.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and damage to structural systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human-induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and earthquakes.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of structural behavior, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with Code Officials and Contractors and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
- Minimum 10 Years Structural Engineering experience in design or other backgrounds that promotes an understanding of structural behavior.
- State of Florida Licensed Professional Engineer through NCEES examination. Multiple state registrations (or ability to obtain) a plus.
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (ICC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, NDS, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of structural engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction, a plus.
- Field experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record.