Scheduling / Cost Engineer
We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior Scheduling and Cost Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. Individual will have knowledge in evaluating contractor schedules and providing accurate and timely decision support information for residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in document review and analyses of schedules, contracts, change orders, construction daily reports, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Create/manage/analyze CPM schedules.
- Analyze schedule progress, trends and delays; evaluate schedule and/or cost changes to provide recommendations.
- Analyze, and maintain comprehensive, integrated CPM project schedules and cost baselines based on thorough analysis of project requirements.
- Analyze all deviations from established cost and schedule baselines.
- Develop critical item report analysis that highlight significant program issues and potential delays to project milestones.
- Understand contract scopes and evaluate the submitted contractor schedule’s ability to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Analyze costs and complex issues for commercial buildings, institutional and heavy civil projects.
- Communicate with clients, interface with construction team members and contractors to address construction issues to develop schedules, analyses and prepare reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel nationwide, as needed, on short notice at times.
- Experience in providing litigation support including expert testimony at depositions and/or trial or arbitration proceedings, a plus.
Required Experience requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management.
- 5+ years – of related experience in the commercial building or heavy civil construction industry.
- On-site project experience required, preferably as a Project Manager, Project Engineer or Superintendent.
- Detailed knowledge of scheduling programs such as Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Experience requirements:
- Builder’s risk insurance claims and/or construction contract dispute experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) – Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) certifications.
- Working knowledge of AACE recommended practices.
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record.