We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level Construction Consultant to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. The individual should have experience performing site visits, condition assessments and documenting findings, confirming scope of work, analysis and evaluation of estimated repair and replacement costs for commercial, residential, industrial, marine and inland structures. Experience in document review and analyses of schedules, contracts, change orders, daily construction reports, authoring technical reports, and construction litigation is desired.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Fieldwork to document as-built conditions and extent of damage to structures as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, freeze and earthquakes.
- Evaluate conceptual and detailed repair estimates for scope and pricing accuracy.
- Understanding of historical data and pricing for the development and or evaluation of repair and replacement cost estimates.
- Assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Identify costs and associated potential hidden exposure/risk to develop rough order of magnitude cost estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of work scopes, instructions to bidders, bid forms or solicitation of relevant information, as needed.
- Perform research to support opinions.
- Communicate with Clients, interface with Governing Officials, Contractors and Consultants.
- Manage multiple projects, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of Client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- 5 + years of experience (variety of public and private projects) including $5 million+.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or similar field and/or industry level experience preferred.
- Proven analytical and interpretive skills in preparing comprehensive and accurate construction cost estimates (detailed and conceptual).
- Experience in property loss estimating is desirable.
- Strong project management skills.
- Extensive experience with Xactimate, RS Means, Microsoft Excel and Word, on-screen takeoff software and/or other construction estimating software.
- Restoration industry experience desirable.
- Remediation experience including providing appropriate methods of fire and smoke damage restoration, structural drying, and mold remediation and clerk of works services desirable.
- Excellent math and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.
Compensation: $80k – $150k