Entry Level Civil/Structural Engineer
We are seeking to add a highly-motivated entry-level civil/structural engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behavior of structural systems and their components for use in forensic engineering relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience with site evaluations and authoring technical reports is desired. Building system types include, but not limited to, steel, concrete, masonry, wood, roofing and building envelopes.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Field work to document as-built conditions and damage to structural systems as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires and earthquakes.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of structural behavior, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses and written technical reports.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
- EIT or FE credentials preferred, but not a requirement.
- Basic knowledge of national building and construction codes (ICC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, NDS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and experience of structural engineering concepts, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction preferred.
- Field experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record.
Compensation: $65k – $85k