Entry-Level Construction Cost Estimator
We are seeking to add a highly-motivated Entry-Level Construction Cost Estimator to our team of multi-disciplinary consultants. The candidate will have pertinent coursework that will allow the individual to identify different building types, building systems, and construction components. Coursework should also involve blueprint reading, construction estimating, and scheduling.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Field work to document as-built conditions and extent of damage to structures as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design and construction errors/omissions). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Assist Estimators with quantity surveys.
- Research of historical data and pricing in the development of repair and replacement cost estimates.
- Assist in the development of unit costs for detailed repair scope including labor, material and equipment rates.
- Develop general and special conditions costs.
- Assist in the preparation of work scopes, instructions to bidders, bid forms or solicitation information, as needed.
- Analyze proposals/bids from contractors for completeness and accuracy.
- Draft written reports to support position.
- Ability to receive direction and constructive criticism to apply to estimates and reports.
- Willing to travel nationwide, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Recent graduate from a 4-year college program certified by the ACCE.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management/Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Exposure to estimating programs such as Sage, on-screen take-off programs, and RS Means.
- Exposure to Xactimate a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent math and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Recent employment or internship experience with a General Contractor a plus, but not required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.