Origin and Cause Fire Investigator
We are currently seeking a certified Origin and Cause Fire Investigator to add to our Fire & Electrical Consulting team. Our clients rely on us to accurately determine and report on the origin and cause of fires and explosions primarily in residential, commercial and industrial properties, vehicles, heavy equipment and marine vessels.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Investigate fire and explosion incidents to evaluate onsite conditions, gather photographic and material evidence.
- Present analysis to Clients via verbal and written reports, and provide expert testimony in litigation when necessary.
- Communicate with clients, interface with various to parties to provide verbal and written findings.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science or related field desirable.
- Minimum 5 years or more experience in public or private sector origin and cause investigations.
- Possess or qualify for NAFI-CFEI and/or IAAI-CFI certifications.
- Possess or qualify for Private Investigator certification as required by law.
- Understanding of NFPA 921 and qualify as a Fire Investigator under NFPA 1033 guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of fire science, building construction techniques and building features as related to fire and explosion investigations.
- Capable of handling all phases of fire and explosion investigations with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer and have a good driving record.