We are seeking to add a highly-motivated mid-to-senior level Professional Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary engineers in the San Francisco, California office. The Engineer will conduct field investigations and perform failure/accident analysis for electrical equipment and/or mechanical equipment and processes through construction knowledge and engineering principles. Electrical equipment types included, but not limited to low, medium and high voltage switchgear, panelboards and transformers, data and communication systems, fire alarm systems, lighting systems, electrical appliances, etc. Facilities types include power generating and distribution systems, commercial and industrial facilities, municipal buildings and infrastructure assets, and residential properties.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Field work to document as-built conditions and damage to electrical systems and equipment as a result of natural (wind, water, fire, earth movement, etc.) and/or human induced origins (design, construction errors/omissions and product defects). Natural events can include large catastrophes such as regional floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Utilize building codes, technical knowledge, and understanding of construction practices to establish repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
- Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
- Provide electrical support for the fire origin and cause consultants/engineers to determine electrical causes of fires, a plus.
- Communicate with clients, interface with code officials and contractors to address construction issues and provide detailed reports.
- Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed, on short notice at times.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida through NCEES examination. Multiple state registrations (or ability to obtain) a plus. Minimum 10 Years Electrical Engineering experience in design or other background that promotes an understanding of electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of national building and construction codes (ICC, NEC, NFPA, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of electrical engineering concepts, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of multiple types of construction, a plus.
- Knowledge of estimating electrical equipment designs and installations, a plus.
- Field experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing Litigation Support including Expert Testimony at Depositions and/or Trial, Mediation and Arbitration proceedings, desirable.
- Existing Client base and business development experience is a strong plus.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and have a good driving record.
MKA offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits program including a generous 401K match, ESOP participation, medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation.
Compensation: $100k – $150k